Garden Gate® Group Programs are an engaging and cost-effective way of working through the Logic of the Garden Gate and applying it to your life.
2022 Group Programs are currently being scheduled. If you would like to join the waiting list and be notified of upcoming dates please get in touch.
Face to face groups (maximum 4 people in Brighton) take place in 2 hour weekly sessions over 10 weeks (Wednesdays, 20 therapeutic hours) and over 3 days ( Thursday to Saturday, 18 therapeutic hours plus a 1 hour online individual introduction session). The cost for either option is £800.
Online groups (6 to 10 people) take place in 2 hour weekly sessions over 10 weeks (Wednesdays, 20 therapeutic hours). The cost is £400. There is one unwaged/student place on each course, cost £40.
All groups are run by Anne Lindley-French, some groups welcome all members (individuals and couples) and others are focused on specific groups of people (for example, women only, men only, people planning career change, divorcing or preparing for retirement}.
Groups are ideal for people who feel comfortable working around others and they provide an ideal platform for ongoing group support. At no point will you be asked to discuss or disclose any of your thoughts or emotions to the group (it’s quite alright be quiet if you prefer to), however the opportunity will be there for you if you want it.
The work is intensive and is designed to develop a detailed and precise understanding of who you are, how you behave and the dynamics at play. You will be supported in evaluating your current life, exploring your past and envisaging your future. Working at this depth and speed is demanding, tiring and can be upsetting, so you will need to take care of yourself very well during the process.
The Garden Gate® has 10 units. Each unit presents an idea and a method for working through it to create a personal toolkit:
- The Logic of the Garden Gate: understand how it works and take your current Garden Gate Score.
- Whose Garden?: explore your internal-external validation system and who is important.
- Four Legged Chair: define your priorities and measure how fully they are currently met.
- Chapters: chart the changes in your life and define what prompted change for you.
- Layers: map the evolution of your life and see what has shaped you.
- Rule Book for Self: understand what has made you tick and how would you like to tick going forward.
- Communication: define your Communication Mix and learn how to break negative chains of communication.
- See Your Garden: visualise your garden, look at what came before and what you want to come next.
- Symbolic and Safe Places: create symbolic and safe places to protect you and your garden going forward.
- Your Garden Gate Plan: develop a plan for your current chapter and set a review date to monitor its progress.
The Garden Gate® abides by the Ethical Framework on standards and confidentiality of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.