Garden Gate® Couple 2 Day Programs provide intensive couple counselling with Anne Lindley-French for high impact therapeutic self-optimisation and change management. Accommodation on the Thursday night (double room), refreshments and lunch are included.
Couple programs are designed to bring self-optimisation to both partners and the partnership. The program is intensive and brings each person to a strong sense of their authentic self, their rules, requirements and boundaries. You will work through strategies for conflict, decision-making, appropriate use of energy and self-care. You will end with a deeper understanding of yourself and each other and a shared language to help you maintain your personal and combined optimisation over time.
Garden Gate® Couple 2 Day Programs include:
- 2 online preparation coaching sessions (50 minutes) before the program, 1 per person
- Self Optimisation Log
- Support Strategy
- Garden Gate Workbooks
- One to two therapeutic support during all 10 units of the program
- The option to book an online follow-up session after the program
- The option to book online annual review sessions after the program
- An invitation to join the Garden Gate® Optimisation Network
- Refreshments and lunch on both days (breakfast and evening meal are not included but can be added by arrangement)
- Accommodation at the Coach House on the Thursday night in a double room
Working at this depth and speed is demanding, tiring and can be upsetting, so you will need to take care of yourselves very well during the process. Couple programs provide personal support throughout each stage of the program. We will work as a team of three to explore difficulty and optimise positive change.
Cost: £2450 inc VAT
Time: Days run 9.30am – 4.30pm with a 1 hour break for lunch.
Day: 2 day programs run on appointed Thursdays and Fridays. Weekend programs can be arranged by agreement and incur extra cost.
Location: The Coach House in Sheffield. Alternative locations can be arranged by agreement and incur extra cost.
Catering: Refreshments and lunch are provided – all diets are catered for.
Accommodation: Self-catering accommodation at the Coach House on the Thursday night is included. We can recommend alternative options to suit all budgets if you would like us to.
Clothing: You will need to be as comfortable as possible. Please wear something cosy that you don’t have to think about.
Props: Bring anything which you feel makes you feel more comfortable. Ideas for this are: cosy jumper, slippers, blanket, pillow, handkerchief, photos, momentos.
Important Note: Couple work does not always bring partners into greater harmony. Some people use a couple program to carefully negotiate the end of a partnership they have cared deeply about but no longer believe is right for them. This can be especially useful if the couple will have ongoing shared responsibilities (children, business etc.) and want to conduct them as harmoniously as possible.
Please be very clear with yourself and each other about your motives for attending the program. If you genuinely want to optimise yourselves and the partnership (however difficult that might seem at the current time) this program is for you. If your regard for each other has diminished to a level where you can’t imagine a genuine reconciliation, this program is not for you. It is intense and probing and is designed to empower your authentic self, it will not work to paper over cracks which are not discussed.
The Garden Gate® has 10 units. Each unit presents an idea and a method for working through it to create a personal toolkit:
- The Logic of the Garden Gate: understand how it works and take your current Garden Gate Score.
- Who’s Garden?: explore your internal-external validation system and who is important.
- Four Legged Chair: define your priorities and measure how fully they are currently met.
- Chapters: chart the changes in your life and define what prompted change for you.
- Layers: map the evolution of your life and see what has shaped you.
- Rule Book for Self: understand what has made you tick and how would you like to tick going forward.
- Communication: define your Communication Mix and learn how to break negative chains of communication.
- See Your Garden: visualise your garden, look at what came before and what you want to come next.
- Symbolic and Safe Places: create symbolic and safe places to protect you and your garden going forward.
- Your Garden Gate Plan: develop a plan for your current chapter and set a review date to monitor its progress.
The Garden Gate® abides by the Ethical Framework on standards and confidentiality of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.