Garden Gate® Group 2 Day Programs are an engaging and cost-effective way of working through the Logic of the Garden Gate and applying it to your life. Groups have up to 12 members and are run by Anne Lindley-French. Some groups welcome all members (individuals and couples) and others are focused on specific groups of people:
- Age 17 to 25 considering education and career options
- Men only
- Women only
- All ages considering career change or retirement
Groups are ideal for people who feel comfortable working around others and they provide an ideal platform for ongoing group support. At no point will you be asked to discuss or disclose any of your thoughts or emotions to the group (it’s quite alright be quiet if you prefer to), however the opportunity will be there for you if you want it.
Garden Gate® Group 2 Day Programs include:
- Self-Optimisation Log
- Support Strategy
- Garden Gate Workbook
- Group therapeutic support during all 10 units of the program – you will never be asked to share personal details
- The option to book an online follow-up session after the program
- The option to book online annual review sessions after the program
- An invitation to join the Garden Gate® Self-Optimisation Network
- Refreshments during the program (lunch is not included)
The work is intensive and is designed to develop a detailed and precise understanding of who you are, how you behave and the dynamics at play. You will be supported in evaluating your current life, exploring your past and envisaging your future. Working at this depth and speed is demanding, tiring and can be upsetting, so you will need to take care of yourself very well during the process.
Cost: £225 inc VAT
Time: Days run 9.30am – 4.30pm with a 1 hour break for lunch.
Day: 2 day programs run on appointed Thursdays/Fridays and Saturdays/Sundays. See forthcoming dates below.
Location: Sheffield Psychotherapy and Counselling Education (S.P.A.C.E) in Sheffield. Alternative locations can be arranged by agreement and incur extra cost.
Catering: Refreshments are provided. Lunch is not provided.
Clothing: You will need to be as comfortable as possible. Please wear something cosy that you don’t have to think about.
Props: Bring anything which you feel makes you feel more comfortable. Ideas for this are: cosy jumper, slippers, blanket, pillow, handkerchief, photos, momentos.
The Garden Gate® has 10 units. Each unit presents an idea and a method for working through it to create a personal toolkit:
- The Logic of the Garden Gate: understand how it works and take your current Garden Gate Score.
- Whose Garden?: explore your internal-external validation system and who is important.
- Four Legged Chair: define your priorities and measure how fully they are currently met.
- Chapters: chart the changes in your life and define what prompted change for you.
- Layers: map the evolution of your life and see what has shaped you.
- Rule Book for Self: understand what has made you tick and how would you like to tick going forward.
- Communication: define your Communication Mix and learn how to break negative chains of communication.
- See Your Garden: visualise your garden, look at what came before and what you want to come next.
- Symbolic and Safe Places: create symbolic and safe places to protect you and your garden going forward.
- Your Garden Gate Plan: develop a plan for your current chapter and set a review date to monitor its progress.
The Garden Gate® abides by the Ethical Framework on standards and confidentiality of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.