Garden Gate® 2 Day Group Retreat Programs are ideal for people who feel comfortable working around others and they provide an ideal platform for ongoing group support. At no point will you be asked to discuss or disclose any of your thoughts or emotions to the group (it’s quite alright be quiet if you prefer to), however the opportunity will be there for you if you want it.
Garden Gate® 2 Day Group Retreat Program includes:
- Self-Optimisation Log
- Support Strategy
- Garden Gate Workbook
- Group therapeutic support during all 10 units of the program
- The option to book an online follow-up session after the program
- The option to book online annual review sessions after the program
- An invitation to join the Garden Gate® Self-Optimisation Network
The work is intensive and is designed to develop a detailed and precise understanding of who you are, how you behave and the dynamics at play. You will be supported in evaluating your current life, exploring your past and envisaging your future. Working at this depth and speed is demanding, tiring and can be upsetting, so you will need to take care of yourself very well during the process.
The Garden Gate® has 10 units. Each unit presents an idea and a method for working through it to create a personal toolkit:
- The Logic of the Garden Gate: understand how it works and take your current Garden Gate Score.
- Whose Garden?: explore your internal-external validation system and who is important.
- Four Legged Chair: define your priorities and measure how fully they are currently met.
- Chapters: chart the changes in your life and define what prompted change for you.
- Layers: map the evolution of your life and see what has shaped you.
- Rule Book for Self: understand what has made you tick and how would you like to tick going forward.
- Communication: define your Communication Mix and learn how to break negative chains of communication.
- See Your Garden: visualise your garden, look at what came before and what you want to come next.
- Symbolic and Safe Places: create symbolic and safe places to protect you and your garden going forward.
- Your Garden Gate Plan: develop a plan for your current chapter and set a review date to monitor its progress.
To work successfully with the Garden Gate® you will need to:
- Commit to your chosen program
- Prepare in advance by completing a Self Assessment and Optimisation Log
- Engage fully (there is a lot to cover in a short time and it’s hard work)
- Practice the Garden Gate® actively in your life to allow your new Garden Gate® to bed in.
The Garden Gate® has been developed by Anne Lindley-French over the last decade and refined with client input. It draws on psychotherapy and counselling theory to create a framework which can be used quickly and in the now – life doesn’t give us much time to think.
Clothing: You will need to be as comfortable as possible. Please wear something cosy that you don’t have to think about.
Props: Bring anything which you feel makes you feel more comfortable. Ideas for this are: cosy jumper, slippers, blanket, pillow, handkerchief, photos, momentos.
The Garden Gate® abides by the Ethical Framework on standards and confidentiality of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.